Sunday, June 21, 2009

Garden Tool

Meet my new garden buddy. This $10 "Three-Way Meter" is a great tool for checking soil moisture. I got it after my index finger started complaining. Okay, not really, but with this guy you don't have to poke such big holes and it reaches deeper than my finger. So it's especially good for deeper rooted fruit and veg plants. (For fruit trees, I use a larger, old-fashioned soil sampler.)

This probe also tests soil pH and light, but I don't think I'd count on if if I really needed an accurate pH. It has an easy-to-read meter, so I think it would be a fun project for a 4 or 5-year-old to tell dad or mom when it's time to water.

I ordered this "Active Air Three-Way Meter" from Smith & Hawken. (It's hard to believe they sell anything for $10!)

Got a favorite garden tool? Do tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts